- More information to be shared by the FBI
- Locals are still being told to shelter in place
- Still looking for the second shooter
- No known motive
- Now 13 fatalities including the shooter, one of the victims died at a hospital
- No information about victims’ identities
- People are to still stay away from the Navy Yard
- Metro police officer has wounds to lower extremities
- One woman has a shoulder wound and is in surgery now, she is in good spirits
- Second woman will not have surgery, she has hand and head injuries, but the bullet did not penetrate the skull, her family is with her
- All three are expected to make a full recovery
- Unlikely that they will receive more patients
- They received no fatalities
- The police officer will have to wait 24 hours to see if he will be able to walk again
- Patients are doing well under the circumstances
- They have two female employees of the Navy and one male Metro police officer
- One of the female victims is in surgery now
- Grief counselors are available
- He has given the civilians Navy designation so they can receive treatment at Walter Reed if needed
Nationals Park is very close to the Navy Yard and has been serving as a meeting point for families of the 3,000 Navy Yard workers. The Nationals cancelled their game tonight so that the park could continue to be used for this purpose.
The Associate Press has reported his name and other sources are saying he was a contractor in the Navy Yard.
He has been fingerprinted and identified, though his identity has not yet been released.